Saturday, June 27, 2020

Nospendonfabric2020

Hi guys this is going to be a little different post . Today we are talking about my most commonly used sewing books. Most of us who went to fashion school, have the sewing bible PatternMaking for fashion Design by Helen Joseph Armstrong. I was at first intimidated by it because I was a self taught seamstress. However with time it became my staple . Years after I was finish with school I bought the more recent version which came with a CD. I so wish I had this in my time. Its great.  The new complete sewing guide by readers digest is something I just got like 3 years ago. Its more a refresher book for me. The Sewing Magic. This is new. Around mid may I said i will learn to use all the attachments for my vintage Singer. This book is so helpful. It was referred by an Instagrammer. Then my trustie Serger manual oh my word this book is a gem. Everyone knows a serger is a child who acts out all your time yet you keep loving it till you get it right and you do. This book was my guide. 
What books are you guys using to guide your life long journey?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter

Instagram